Foreign nationals may also face deportation and be barred from re-entering the UK for up to 14 years.The British Geriatrics Society is the professional body of specialist doctors, nurses, therapists and other professionals concerned with the health care of older people in the United Kingdom. Expressions of interest are invited for a number of senior officer roles in the BGS including Deputy Hon Secretary, Vice President for Clinical Quality and Chair of BGS England Council. Click here for job descriptions and instructions on applying. Reported by the BBC: 21 March 2017: An online system is aiming to reduce *delayed discharge from hospital by allowing real time bookings of care home beds.You will need to contact the Home Office about your referral at Marriage Referral Team [email protected] wishing to marry in the Church of England or Church in Wales where one or both are non-EEA national(s) will be required to give their notice of marriage at a designated register office.

Bed Finder is being used by Hertfordshire County Council and is thought to be the first system of its kind to streamline referral processes and make searching for and booking beds more efficient.

One of the biggest issues facing hospitals across the UK is finding places for usually older patients who are medically fit, but need further care packages - so-called 'bed blockers'.

Evidence of place of residence One of the following original documents must be provided, for each person giving notice, at the time of giving notice.

(Please note this must be evidence of the address you have resided at, for a minimum of 7 full days, immediately prior to the date on which notice of marriage is given.

For example, if you are entering the country from abroad on the first of the month, the first possible date to give notice would be the 9th.

If you are unclear about this, please contact the Ceremony Team and we'll be happy to help you to work out the correct date to give notice.) 6. Where any document listed above was created outside the UK and is not in English, a full third party translation must be provided.

See additional information on marriage of same sex couples.

By law you have to give a notice of marriage, which is a formal declaration of your intention to marry.

If either or both of you live in another district, then you must give your notice(s) at your local register office(s) (unless advised otherwise for example, if either of you is a non-EEA National - see information for non-EEA Nationals at the bottom of the page).